Midtopia

Midtopia

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ann Coulter's legal troubles, update

We finally have an update in Ann Coulter's voter fraud case, which I posted about way back when Midtopia was barely knee-high to a grasshopper -- or perhaps a cockroach in this case.

Palm Beach County's elections supervisor has given the right wing's unofficial mouthpiece 30 days to explain why she voted in the wrong precinct.

In a registered letter scheduled to be sent to her this week, Coulter is asked to "clarify certain information as to her legal residence," elections boss Arthur Anderson said.

"We want to give her a chance," Anderson said. "She needs to tell us where she really lives."

Or else? He could refer the case to State Attorney Barry Krischer for criminal charges, Anderson said.

Remember: root for the jail term, not the fine.

, , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wanted feedback and to get to know your audience. Well, let's see. I've known you for 20 years and I live next door. I think that narrows it down.

Anyway, I'm all for some Coulter jail time, but unfortunately that would just put her on the nightly news. On the plus side, I'm sure Jon Stewart would have some choice bits....

Sean Aqui said...

Well I was really looking for feedback from people I don't already know better than I'd like, but I guess I won't be choosy. :)

Going to jail would probably boost the sales of her latest book, too. But it'd be worth it. I don't begrudge her success; I just like to think of myself as being part of the karmic retribution for the way in which she achieved it.

Anonymous said...

God, Ann Coulter in jail. We could only be so lucky. I'm sure she'll have a bunch of people willing to be her cellmate.

At least Abramoff can hope to room with Bob Ney...

Sean Aqui said...

LOL. Realistically, Ann's not going to jail. But it's fun to dream.