Midtopia

Midtopia

Friday, January 05, 2007

Political Compass

Not much time tonight, so how about a little topical entertainment?

The blog is named Midtopia, and I think of myself as a moderate. But am I really? I took the Political Compass test to find out.

It plots your political position on two axes, giving a more nuanced view than the traditional left-right divide.

My score on a scale that seems to go from -10 to +10:

Economic Left/Right: -1.38 (slightly left leaning)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18 (moderately Libertarian)

I guess I really am moderate -- though with a libertarian streak. And I think the nature of some of the questions means the score actually overstates my leftward tilt.

If you're interested, take the test and post your score in the comments.

,

4 comments:

Not Your Mama said...

Economic Left/Right: -2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:
-4.36

Sean Aqui said...

Lefty! ;)

KC said...

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

Not Your Mama said...

Yup, they always get me on those humanm welfare issues.

Do I get rightie points for that being selfish to some extent? I just don't want to live in a country full of poor, sick, homeless people...it just screws ever'thing up. ;)