Midtopia

Midtopia

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy Birthday, Midtopia!

I'm as amazed as any of you, but Midtopia turns one today! Break out the party hats!

It's actually a tiny bit older -- about a week -- but I didn't get Sitemeter installed or get really serious until March 1. The first week was spent tweaking the site and uploading some basic content.

In the past year Midtopia has had about 22,000 visitors, and now averages 2,000 a month. We've been linked to by more than 100 blogs. And the site ads have earned me about $12. ;)

Thanks for making Midtopia part of your day.

,

5 comments:

griftdrift said...

My, my, hey, hey. Better to burn out than fade away.

Coming up on my anniversary and my ad revenue is shockingly simiilar to yours. ;)

Not Your Mama said...

Happy birthday!

Sean Aqui said...

Mama: Thanks!

Grift: Yeah, that whole "earn $5,000 a month in your spare time" come-on doesn't seem to be panning out....

Congrats on your own upcoming anniversary, and I can only marvel at your efficiency: You've got me beat on post count by a good 200 or so.

Erica M said...

Congratulations!

I'm not a fan of political blogs. I'm amazed to find that not only do I keep reading yours, I actually really enjoy it. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Sean Aqui said...

Erica: As a fellow Twin Citian, thanks! And wish me luck: I'm about to venture out into the snow and see if I'm going to be able to make it home tonight. We've been talking about selling our ancient Jeep and buying a Toyota hybrid, but I'm starting to rethink the wisdom of that....