Midtopia

Midtopia

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Upgrade hell

I spent the morning upgrading the blog to the latest version of Blogger so I could take advantage of some widget functionality. The upgrade automatically reverts the site to its original "vanilla" version, so it took a lot of time to tweak the colors, fonts and various badges and counters back into place.

I think I've got it squared away now, but if you see something that doesn't look or work right, please let me know.

Also, let me know what you think of the italic blockquote style in this post. Do you prefer it, or the previous bold-type style, as in this post? Or do you not care?

Might have some substantive posts later, but this took a lot of my available time.

Update: Putting up this first post-upgrade post apparently screwed up the site pretty well -- notably by malforming the post itself and dropping the sidebar to the bottom of the page. Deleting this post didn't help; it simply malformed the next post in line. Working on it....

,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bold not italics. The bold is easier to read.

My $.02.

Volvodriver

Dyre42 said...

I'm with Volvodriver.

Anonymous said...

i like the bold, but most importantly always link the source of the quote. you trend to do it, but some bloggers seem to forget