Midtopia

Midtopia

Friday, June 08, 2007

Going to D.C.


Blogging will be pretty light over the next five days. Me and my family are flying to Washington, D.C. for my grandmother's burial, followed by a few days of sightseeing.

The kids are pretty young, so while we'll make a visit to the Capitol Mall I probably won't be able to satisfy my inner political geek and watch a Congressional session. Mostly we'll be visiting things like the National Zoo, Colonial Williamsburg and (if my wife is feeling generous) a Civil War battlefield or two.

We're getting back Wednesday, so look for posting to resume Thursday.

Meanwhile, feel free to treat this post as an open thread if you've got something you want to discuss.

Update: Bumped this to the top of the blog so it wouldn't get lost.

,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your grandmother. But enjoy Washington D. C. on your remaining time there. I've visited 3 times now---once on the 4th of July--- and it's always fascinating to me.

JP5

Anonymous said...

I must give CNN some accolade here. I know, it's surprising---even to me. Paris Hilton was just ordered back to jail and Fox is covering it non-stop and Sheppard Smith is being very obnoxious in his glee about it. MSNBC is also covering it non-stop. So, I switched to CNN who is covering the Space Shuttle launch instead.

Kudos to CNN!!

JP5

Sean Aqui said...

I just saw an AP story headlined "Screaming Paris Hilton sent back to jail." What a whiny wuss.

Personally I think her sentence should be extended due to bad behavior.

Anonymous said...

She's a spoiled brat. But I think a lot of people are showing a real bad side of themselves by taking such pleasure in her circumstances. I thought Sheppard Smith of Fox was going to have a kitten. Then there was the man who let out a yelp and who was standing behind the official making the announcement today.
I'm sure there will be some crude jokes on the late-night programs tonight. It's like watching someone continuing to get kicked while they are down.

JP5