Midtopia

Midtopia

Friday, January 18, 2008

Cool or ooky?

This isn't political, per se, but I stumbled across this site and found myself equal parts fascinated and repulsed.

When your loved one dies, you can subject their body to exceedingly high temperature and pressures and turn them into a diamond, which is then placed in a tasteful setting of your choice so you can wear them on your hand all day.

Since my wife and I intend to be cremated, I guess the general idea shouldn't bother me -- although I don't actually expect my kids to keep our ashes around. But for some reason, though the science-geek side of my brain says "cool!", another part of me thinks this is just a little out there.

Thoughts?

, , ,

2 comments:

Dyre42 said...

I can see a commercial for their services with the song "I'm Just an Old Lump of Coal" playing in the background.

Sean Aqui said...

They do pets, too. So if you get your dog diamondized, you can sing "Diamonds are a girl's best friend."

It gives a whole new twist on the word "stoned."