Midtopia

Midtopia

Friday, January 25, 2008

Edwards to win, Obama to place

Sorry about the light posting; I've been buried in homework for my Web design classes. The good news: I really like it and have an aptitude for it. The bad news: when I really like something new, I tend to devote unhealthy amounts of time to it. The "every waking moment" kind of unhealthy. And learning a programming language is time-intensive anyway.

But I'll poke my head into the real world long enough to make a prediction on the South Carolina races:

Edwards: 35%
Obama: 34%
Clinton: 31%

I know this goes against every poll there is, but Edwards just has to do better than 16 percent in the state of his birth, while Obama is establishing a trend of showing huge leads in polls that disappear as voting approaches. And I just don't see Clinton having a natural constituency in the state.

Yeah, it's a flier. But if I'm wrong, no big deal. And in the unlikely event I turn out to be right, I'll look like a genius!

,

6 comments:

Not Your Mama said...

Oh boy, you lost big time.

Not Your Mama said...

KNock, knock...don't get THAT depressed about it , come back ;P.

Sean Aqui said...

Yeah, Edwards got hammered, and now he's gone.

The good news is that none of the leading candidates -- Obama, Clinton, McCain, Romney -- truly offend me.

They all have their quirks, of course:

Obama is light on experience and vague on his policy proposals.

Clinton and Romney come across as slick, tell-you-what-you-want-to-hear and not very likeable. Clinton, in particular, can't tell a joke to save her life. And Romney has the whole "I was a moderate before I suddenly became conservative" thing going against him.

And McCain simply isn't the brightest bulb in the race.

But they'll all probably do fine as president.

My posting is likely to remain light-to-nonexistent for some time. There's a lot to write about -- the Super Tuesday results, Bush's ridiculous final budget, the economy, developments in Iraq, rail guns on Navy ships -- but learning HTML is sucking up all of the time I used to devote to blogging.

Anonymous said...

we miss you sean.

valrossie said...

One of the biggest -- heck, maybe the only -- surprise during Barack Obama's vice presidential search was the emergence of Texas Rep. Chet Edwards as a serious contender for the number two slot. Edwards was ultimately passed over for Sen. Joe Biden but, according to a source close to the vetting process, the Obama campaign came away impressed by the congressman and could well tap him for a post in an Obama Administration.

----------------------
valrossie
Intenet Marketing

Anonymous said...

Interesting, awesome though that you are getting into web design.


Debt Collection Services